Sunday, June 5, 2022

First Full Week at New Job Starting - Much Excite!

This is just a quick note to let the world know about this feeling.

Partly because I'm in an extended tryout phase, I think this might be what it feels like to be a baseball free agent. I'm working out with a franchise that sure feels like a great fit. I'm excited to the point of near-tears. I am finally getting a shot to do make somewhat-of-a-living doing what I'm wired to do.

Here's how it went down.

I had gotten my substitute-teaching badge, and I knew that the Adult Ed Center existed. I have background in Adult Ed because I'm a barbershop chorus director, plus that was my master's at Kansas State University. So, when the HR rep at the AEC called to inquire about my interest to sub for them and asked about my background, she asked if I'd want to look at being a regular teacher there!

It's so strange to have a new entity say "we've gotten a good impression of you; we already know that we want you." Dear Reader, this does not feel real. Do good things actually happen in this miserable world? Even to lil' ol me?

No comments:

Post a Comment